Split functionality into small units
New week, new episode. And the guest is Khaled Souf, and I challenge him with the heuristic “Split functionality into small units” from the Xebia Essentials repository (https://essentials.xebia.com/thirty-minute-methods/). Khaled will explain how he approaches software, and what are the tools, practices and techniques that he uses to deliver value. We also discuss inclusion and diversity as a critical aspect for organisations to strive!
- Test Driven Development: By Example by Kent Beck
- Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests by Steve Freeman and Nat Pryce
- Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software by Eric Evans
- Patterns, Principles, and Practices of Domain-Driven Design by Scott Millett and Nick Tune
- DDD Crew GitHub repo (https://github.com/ddd-crew)
- The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride by Sandro Mancuso
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Khaled (@khaledsouf) is a passionate Senior dev/trainer/coach/DDD Distiller based in Montréal. He has been working for several years in Paris (France). He is also an organiser of the Software Crafters Montréal Meetup and the Unconference SOCRATES Canada. Currently, he works at Zenika Montréal as a senior consultant.