This week Manuel Pais is our guest. We challenge him with the pattern “Internal Evangelism” from the Cloud Native Patterns repository (https://www.cnpatterns.org/organization-culture/internal-evangelism). How the different Team Topologies archetypes and their relationship with this pattern. Our conversation goes into the necessary skills to be an influential evangelist, what a team should do from an evangelism point of view, and also to the management traits.
- Team Topologies Book: https://teamtopologies.com/book
- Thoughtworks enabling team case study: Chapter 5, Page 88
- IBM enabling team case study: Chapter 7, Page 146
- Platform internal “evangelism” at HelloFresh: https://engineering.hellofresh.com/advocating-for-a-product-mindset-within-platform-teams-and-how-we-do-it-at-hellotech-part-1-fc1fbf8ae015
- Platform branding example from NAV’s platform team: https://nais.io/
Manuel Pais (@manupaisable) is co-author of Team Topologies: organising business and technology teams for fast flow. Recognised by TechBeacon as a DevOps thought leader, Manuel is an independent IT organisational consultant and trainer, focused on team interactions, delivery practices and accelerating flow. Manuel is also a LinkedIn instructor on Accelerating Continuous Delivery in the Enterprise.