Loss aversion heuristics
Mathias Verraes is the guest of this episode, and for the first time, we have more than one heuristic! Mathias brings three Loss Aversion heuristics from his personal repository. When we make decisions, we often do not explore options that have a risk of loss, even if that loss is balanced out by potential gains. These heuristics help you overcome that bias. We jump right into the rabbit hole, and Mathias brings the intersection of software engineering, psychology, and anthropology to exemplify the heuristics. During the interview, he shares techniques and practices that are part of his toolbox when working on software strategy and design.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Scout Mindset by Julia Galef
- You Are Not So Smart - https://youarenotsosmart.com/
- The “It’s Just Like…” Heuristic - https://verraes.net/2021/05/its-just-like-heuristic/
- Exaptation & managed serendipity - https://thecynefin.co/exaptation-managed-serendipity-part-i/
- Domain-Driven Design Europe conference - https://dddeurope.com/