Matt Lawrence is our guest, and he is challenged with the biggest heuristic so far: “Users spend most of their time on other sites. This means that users prefer your site to work the same way as all the other sites they already know.”, also known as “Jakob’s Law”. The heuristic is part of the “Jakob Nielsen Usability Heuristics” and can be found here: https://lawsofux.com/jakobs-law/.
Matt shares his experiences regarding usability and what challenges you face when the system users are attached to a website. We discussed the different techniques that are valid to fulfil the user’s needs for usability.
- UX Podcast - https://uxpodcast.com/
- UX Podcast Episode #235 - https://uxpodcast.com/235-internet-anxiety-david-swallow/
- Twitter as a source of knowledge
- W3 Schools - https://www.w3schools.com/
- CSS Tricks - https://css-tricks.com/
Matt Lawrence (LinkedIn) is the co-founder of Digital Dynasty Design in Canada.