Build Confidence heuristics
Our guest for this episode is Charity Majors. The pattern that serves as the stage for the episode is “Build Confidence” from the Object-Oriented Reengineering Patterns (http://scg.unibe.ch/download/oorp/OORP.pdf). Charity describes the infamous “death spiral”, where folks that produce code lack confidence in their processes and practices to deploy code to production. According to Charity, our job is not done until we close the feedback loop!
Charity also gives excellent advice regarding patterns and heuristics: to understand a pattern or heuristic, take one that you see working, and modify it. Learn what comes out of that!
- Honeycomb blog - https://www.honeycomb.io/blog
- Charity Majors blog - https://charity.wtf/
- Raw Signal newsletter - https://www.rawsignal.ca/newsletter
- Liz Fong-Jones Twitter - https://twitter.com/lizthegrey
- Jessica Kerr Twitter - https://twitter.com/jessitron
Charity Majors (@mipsytipsy) is the co-founder and CTO of honeycomb.io, the original observability company.